Saturday, March 11, 2006


I am moving to North Carolina.

I dont know when, I dont know why, and I dont know how.

It is bittersweet. Leaving the Volcanoes, and brave rivers in barren basalt landscapes. Smelling the sweet urine-like smell of the lone ponderosa pine in the arid heat. Listening to elk bugle and hawks scream.

But I arrive in the east in a calculated time. As a reborn uncle. As a refreshed brother and a travel worthy son. I will set myself into the temperate forest and breathe air along with my kin.

3 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob- you are awesome! I like the poem and the nice sentiments to your family. What a cute baby, congrats to all Adair's.
Love to all,
Parraclan

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger slo birder said...

The thread of life is like a ball of yarn that keeps winding you back. At least you made the time to explore a bit of wilderness most people don't even know exists. It will always remain in your blood memory as well as in your family's.

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I envy you...

There is no place I love more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home