Monday, September 19, 2005

















A time for Apples and Steelhead.


Sunday we made cider and picked apples with lots of kids. It was wild man. I have lots of digestive problems now.

Saturday I went to attempt steelhead fishing with my boys at the confluence of the Clearwater River and the Snake River at Clarkston, Washington. I had no clue what I was doing but I did learn something... Apparently, these oversized trout like to swim along the Idaho side of the river and I did not have the device to blow up my raft or have the ability to fish in Idaho legally. You can fish in a boat with either a ID or WA license but if you are landlocked you have to be licensed for the given bit of earth you stand on. We caught two bass then gave up. Of course bass are the one fish out here that they warn you about eating. Although, a little extra mercury is not going to change our already crazy disposition.

I came home and took out three books at the library. I think I was presenting my lure outside of the steelhead's hangout. From what I read, they hang out near the bottom. I'm going to try this jig-float setup next, I have until June to land one of these beauties. Meanwhile, I can read Moby Dick to take my mind off my troubles.




















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home