Tuesday, September 13, 2005

How to create websites to influence others, get famous or get fired.

I was thinking about fixing up my original website that is located on the personal.palouse.net server. Just out of curiousity I thought I would google the server to see what other palouse inhabitants have posted. The results seemed tame enough a guy named Joe's website and a breeder of some long nosed dog. So I took a look at the sites, a little bummed I couldn't find anything else happening around my homebase.

Turns out Joe likes Guns and explosives and helped to put together a big festival in Lewiston, Idaho involving using high powered rifles to shoot things into oblivion. He was also fired, from what I gathered, for using a goverment computer during his extensive website creation. One of my favorite spots on the site was the posted letters from people who wanted assistance on making bombs from everyday materials that he declined. http://www.boomershoot.org/

He worked for PNNL a prominent goverment laboratory of the Northwest. You can see his "Pacific Northwest National Laboratory versus Joe" story at http://www.pnnl.info/.

On a side note, I learned from his blog of a similar situation of a flight attendent fired for posing for some shots in her uniform and posting them to her blog. She got fired and she is fighting too.
I really want to post a picture of her but she might sue me. Check out the Queen of the sky.

4 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was accused (sort of) of using a government computer for hosting my websites. That is what they suggested to the Department Energy who holds my security clearance. They never told me that. They never told me specifically what they thought I did wrong. I did not use any government/work computers for hosting my web sites. And if they ("Safeguards and Security" and HR) had asked almost anyone they would had realized that. As near as I can figure they didn't want to know the truth. They needed a "reason" to fire me and that is the best they could come up with. The website files were on the computers because we needed a bunch of websites for testing when we couldn't actually connect to the Internet. I donated mine. I was praised and thanked at the time then two years later someone noticed them and used that as a reason to fire me.

My performance reviews were great, everyone I worked with loved me (the reviews on the web at http://www.pnnl.info) but the HR and S&G people apparently didn't like my gun stuff--check out the stuff they seemed obsessed with on my blog and websites...

Joe
http://blog.joehuffman.org

 
At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just for the record the erased posts were adverts.

--antennaehead

 

Post a Comment

<< Home